What is the MiDORi Network Technologies
- “Midori” [midɔri] is a Japanese word. “緑“
- Meaning is “green”, ”forest”, “tree”, “plant”, ”grass”, “vegetable”, …
- MiDORi is an acronym of Multi-(layer, path, and resources) Dynamically Optimized Routing
The MiDORi Network Technologies Project was started at July 2009.
The project target is create energy-saving networks by innovative approach form “network-side”. The MiDORi network will realize a green transport network by reducing total power consumption of transport networks and data-center networks.
Elemental Technologies of the MiDORi Network are
- MiDORi Traffic Enginnering
- MiDORi Path Computation Engine
- MiDORi Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching Protocols
- MiDORi Network Equipment